The National Hurricane Center issued a Hurricane Warning for Florida’s East Coast:
- A Hurricane Warning is in effect for the east coast of Florida from Boca Raton to the Volusia/Brevard County Line.
- A Hurricane Watch is in effect from the Volusia/Brevard County Line to the Flagler/Volusia County Line and from south of Boca Raton to Hallendale Beach.
- A Storm Surge Watch is in effect for the east coast of Florida from Jupiter Inlet to Ponte Vedre Beach.
- A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect from the Flagler/Volusia County Line to Ponte Vedre Beach.
- A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for Lake Okeechobee.
This storm will have no direct impact on the Gulf Coast of Alabama or Northwest Florida.
There’s also another new Tropical Depression in the far eastern Atlantic; Tropical Depression #10. That system will not be a major threat to the United States in the next 5-7 days if at all.
Track tropical activity with WHNT.com’s Interactive Radar or swipe over to the radar feature on Live Alert 19! You can also get up-to-date, location-based alerts wherever you are on Live Alert 19. Download it today for iOS and Android.