This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. – Just after midnight, Huntsville firefighters responded to the 2300 block of Clovis Road.

When crews arrived, they could see smoke coming from the home. They were able to put the fire out in minutes. There was damage to one room and the flooring of the home, but two people were able to make it out safely.

Firefighters say the flames started in the crawl space of the home, then spread to a wall.

Authorities are still investigating.