AUBURN, Ala. (WIAT) — Auburn football coach Gus Malzahn confirmed during his Tuesday morning press conference that the team is pausing all activities due to a COVID-19 outbreak.
Malzahn said nine players and three staffers tested positive during the bye week.
The Tigers’ game at Mississippi State this Saturday was postponed on Monday after the Bulldogs reported their own COVID-19 outbreak.
The status of Auburn’s Nov. 21 game against Tennessee has not been addressed.
- Local businesses prepare for Black Friday
- Fence installed to protect veteran monuments, flags at courthouse in Albervtille
- State Health Officer says ‘no do-over’ if residents are careless at Thanksgiving
- Some ‘normal’ November days: rain, storms, warmth and cold!
- United Way of Marshall County alters holiday food drive due to COVID-19