The Tennessee Titans were outmatched at every level in their Week 11 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars. The 34-14 score looks bad on it's own, but it may be even kinder to the Titans than the game actually was.
The ninth-straight road loss for the Titans had a lot of the same old issues that have plagued the team all year — a porous offensive line, a helpless secondary and a coaching disadvantage. Whether it be offense, defense or special teams, the Titans simply aren't talented enough to compete.
The offensive struggles were aplenty, but the real let down for the Titans was on defense. The defense gave up three back-breaking third down conversions from penalties while allowing Trevor Lawrence to be perfect in three red zone chances on his way to four total scores.
The offense showed some signs of life in the second half with some bombs from Will Levis(13-17, 158 yards, 2 TDs) to DeAndre Hopkins(4 catches, 59 yards, 1 TD) and Chris Moore, Hopkins' catch going for a touchdown. They even threw a scoring pass to defensive lineman Jeffery Simmons to get 14 points on the board.
The problem for the Titans remains that any offensive success is few and far between. The Titans were lifeless for most of their possessions including a fumble on a bad snap by Aaron Brewer on the offense's second drive of the game that led to the Jaguars' first touchdown.
The third phase was no better for the Titans. All-Pro punter Ryan Stonehouse even struggled and it is fair to wonder if it is from fatigue. Eric Garror is a rookie defensive back returning punts and he fumbled on a second half return to give the ball back to the Jaguars. All three phases had their failures.
These teams are just on totally different levels when it comes to roster talent and coaching. The Titans have now lost nine in a row on the road and dropped to 3-7 which will lead to questions about Mike Vrabel's job status, but with a game at home against the struggling Carolina Panthers, Vrabel should have one more shot to get this team a victory.
Titans-Jaguars Related Stories
- WEEK 11 DRIVE CHART: The Tennessee Titans took on the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 11 and once again lost on the road. The offense struggled for another week as Will Levis struggled to find time to throw. Here is a recap of every offensive drive from Sunday. CLICK HERE
- WATCH LEVIS TO SIMMONS TD: The Tennessee Titans may be down big, but they are still having fun as Will Levis threw a touchdown pass to All-Pro defensive lineman Jeffery Simmons for their second score of the day. CLICK HERE
- WATCH SIMMONS BIG HIT: The Tennessee Titans are struggling to hang with the Jacksonville Jaguars, but they did get a huge play from Jeffery Simmons when he stopped the Jaguars short on a critical third down. CLICK HERE
- WATCH BAD SNAP FUMBLE: The Tennessee Titans are into the second quarter of their game against the Jacksonville Jaguars and they trail 7-0 after a first quarter fumble led to a Jacksonville score. CLICK HERE
- WATCH CHRIS MOORE RUN: The Tennessee Titans have kicked off their Week 11 matchup with the Jacksonville Jaguars and they got a big play on their second drive from Chris Moore who took a reverse for 38 yards. CLICK HERE
- WATCH LEVIS TO HOPKINS TD: The Tennessee Titans are into the final quarter of their Week 11 matchup with the Jacksonville Jaguars and they finally put some points on the board with a 43-yard touchdown from Will Levis to DeAndre Hopkins on a trick play. CLICK HERE