DECATUR, Ala. (WHNT) — Seven Austin Black Bears signed to continue their athletic careers at the collegiate level on Thursday.
- Sam Higgins – Wallace State tennis
- Alex Gonzalez – Southern Union soccer
- Juan Velasquez – Southern Union soccer
- Jeremiah Ayers – Concord University football
- Mykael Burton – Concord University football
- De’Air Young – Concord University football
- Quade McAfee – Norwich University
Black Bears’ football head coach Jeremy Perkins says getting to see young athletes’ dreams come true is what being a coach is all about.
“It’s what we’re here for, we’re trying to get these guys to have the best experience that they can have while they’re here but we’re trying to help guide for their future,” Perkins said. “It’s a great reward for the hard work that they’ve put in but it’s also a reward as a coach to see them get to see their dreams come true and get the opportunity to continue their education, continue their athletic career the next level.”
If you know of a student-athlete who is signing to continue their athletic career in college, please let our sports department know. You can email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.