HOOVER, Ala. (WIAT) — The Hoover Police Department arrested 20 people during a protest over George Floyd’s death in the city Saturday night.
Officers responded to protests that occurred on Montgomery Highway near Hoover City Hall and on Riverchase Galleria property. According to a Facebook post made by the HPD, the majority of charges against the protesters were disorderly conduct and blocking traffic on the street. Others were charged with criminal trespassing and resisting arrest. One person was charged with carrying a firearm.
Jared’s Jewelry store on Galleria Circle and Von Maur at the Galleria also sustained damage to their windows during the protest.
There were no injuries reported to any protesters or police officers.
- Samantha Childers Wins $319 For Her Third Math Class At Albertville Elementary
- Multiple agencies respond to house fire in Madison County
- 88-year-old man arrested for allegedly stabbing, killing 86-year-old sister
- FBI seeks more potential victims in ‘Cheer’ star Jerry Harris child porn case
- No more Uncle Ben’s, Mars reveals new name for rice brand