HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - IMP concludes its 22nd season with Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Oklahoma! The directors for this production are Patrick Johnson and Peter-John Sligting and the music director is Barry Petty. Choreographer is Claire Mitchell.
This popular Broadway musical, turned movie, and then revived on Broadway and around the world who knows how many times, was Rodgers & Hammerstein's first collaboration and in many ways remains their most innovative. This classic show speaks to the trials faced by farmers and cowmen in a rugged territory prior to statehood in the early 1900's. You will find a little romance, a little violence and a lot of folks wanting to see Oklahoma become a state.
- June 19, 20, 25, 26, 27 at 7:30 p.m.
- June 21 and 28 at 2:30 p.m.
- Tickets are available online at www.imphuntsville.org and at the box office prior to the shows
- Prices range from $18 to $30 based on location
- Lee High Magnet School, 2500 Meridian St., Huntsville, AL.
- Handicap accessible
- Free parking
- For more information, call (256) 415-SHOW (7469)
Erica Hansen, who plays Ado Annie, is home between her contracts as a performer for Royal Caribbean cruise lines. She has been a member of national touring companies and is a proud IMP alum.
Jacob, who plays Will Parker, is currently at Birmingham-Southern University majoring in musical theater. This is his first show with IMP.