This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month and the Crisis Services of North Alabama has many events that you can attend to help raise awareness on this issue:
- October 6: Candlelight Vigil Limestone County — 6pm Big Spring “Duck Park”, Athens, Sponsored by Limestone County DV Task Force
- October 10: Domestic Violence Information Fair, 9AM—Noon Richard Showers Center Sponsored by the Mizpah Chapter No. 37 Order of the Eastern Star
- October 14: Kiss A Cop. Law Enforcement Appreciation Day Madison, Morgan, Jackson and Limestone Counties And Redstone Arsenal
- October 15: Sole Searching—Walk Against Domestic Violence—5PM Downtown on the Square, Decatur, Sponsored by the Morgan County Task Force Against Domestic Violence
- October 19: Jackson County Candlelight Vigil, 6PM On the Square, Scottsboro, Sponsored by the Jackson County CCR and Task Force Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
- October 22: Madison County Candlelight Vigil—6PM-7:30PM Oakwood University, Wade Hall, October Law Enforcement of Madison County donning