ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — A woman was taken to the hospital after being shot by St. Clair County sheriff deputies when she refused to put her gun down.
According to the St. Clair County Sheriff’s Office, deputies responded to a home in the 1500 block of Baker Road in Ashville Thursday evening.
Upon arrival, deputies discovered a man deceased. A few moments later, deputies encountered a woman who was armed with a handgun.
Deputies asked her to drop the weapon multiple times. The requests were ignored and the woman pointed the gun at deputies. She was then shot, according to SCCSO.
The woman was taken to UAB for treatment via Lifesaver.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- Spacewalking astronauts prep station for new solar wings
- When is Donald Trump speaking at CPAC?
- Variants and vaccines: How worried should we be?
- UAH’s Dr. Dale Thomas says there will be humans on Mars, but getting there presents several challenges
- Calhoun Community College students donating baby blankets to Huntsville Hospital and you can help them