A *WIND ADVISORY* is in the forecast for the Tennessee Valley from 10 pm Wednesday night into early Thursday afternoon. Wind gusts up to 40 mph are possible.
Winds pick up tonight through Thursday. Here is a look at some of the wind gusts you will feel late tonight, through the morning commute Thursday, into the early afternoon.
1:45 pm Update Wednesday from the National Weather Service:
- WHAT…Southeast winds 15-25 mph with gusts of 40 mph expected.
- WHERE…Colbert, DeKalb, Franklin, Jackson, Lauderdale, Lawrence, Limestone, Madison, Marshall, & Morgan Counties in Alabama along with Franklin, Lincoln, & Moore Counties in Tennessee
- WHEN…10 pm Wednesday until 1 pm Thursday
- IMPACTS…Gust winds could blow around unsecured objects. Tree limbs could be blown down & a few power outages may result.
- PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS…Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high-profile vehicle. Secure outdoor objects.