BESSEMER, Ala. (WIAT) — Family, friends and many people from the community will come together to remember the life of 8-year-old Royta Giles Jr.
Royta was a student at Jonesboro Elementary School, who the assistant principal says was a “bright, charismatic second-grader who had the ‘it’ factor and wanted to grow up and someday be a musician.”
There is now a makeshift memorial at the Riverchase Galleria in front of the Children’s Place where there are even musical notes on display in honor of him.
Authorities say that three men have been arrested in connection to the tragic incident where Royta lost his life and three others were injured.
The vigil is taking place at the Bessemer Recreation Center.
- Mayor of Madison takes on opponent as election nears
- If you haven’t received your $500-per-child stimulus check, the IRS has good news
- Police: Homicide of 3-year-old disguised as hot car death
- Publix to anchor Hays Farm Development
- New library and Alabama’s largest splash pad coming to Russellville