Mobile Ala. (WKRG) — A utility worker heading home after helping to restore power on the Gulf Coast was killed Wednesday in a crash in Mississippi.
The crash happened on Highway 45 in Macon, MS. The utility worker was driving in a convoy of power trucks when he struck an 18-wheeler, according to Assistant Police Chief Douglas Triplett.
Noxubee County Coroner R.L. Calhoun confirms to WKRG News 5 the man killed has been identified as 37-year-old, Darrell Holt, from Excelsior Springs, Missouri. WKRG has learned he worked for R&M Pole Line Construction.
Holt’s family has started a fund to raise money for his funeral. If you would like to donate, click here.
- Auburn University freezes undergraduate tuition for first time in decades
- Prince Philip is laid to rest as somber queen sits alone
- CPSC warns consumers to stop using Peloton Tread+ after multiple reports of children injured
- Worldwide COVID-19 death toll tops a staggering 3 million
- Cool Weather Continues Into Next Week