TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — The University of Alabama has decided to cancel spring break next semester to avoid potential spreading of the coronavirus.
The university made the announcement Wednesday saying the semester will start a week later than originally scheduled to make-up for the lost week in the spring.
Here is the new schedule for UA for Spring 2021:
- Jan. 13 – Classes start
- Jan. 18 – MLK Jr. Day (campus closed)
- Jan. 20 – Last day to drop classes
- March 15 – Wellness/study day (classes canceled)
- April 26-30 – Final exams
- April 30-May 1 – Commencement
- Crews removing Confederate statue outside Madison County courthouse
- Homeowner outraged after road crews litter her lawn with asphalt
- ADOL: “We have not run out of money”
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- Searches for ‘When does the debate end’ spike 3,000 percent as candidates wrap up final confrontation