LIMESTONE COUNTY, Ala. (WHNT) – The second day of testimony in the capital murder trial for Mason Sisk had grim moments for the jury including a look into what officers saw as they arrived at the scene.

Sisk is charged with killing five family members in September 2019. His first trial was declared a mistrial after prosecutors informed the court that FBI computer experts had finally unlocked Sisk’s adoptive mother’s phone.

Sisk, now 18, won’t face the death penalty if convicted but faces life in prison without the possibility of parole.

The State called a total of four witnesses before lunch. These witnesses consisted of two doctors who tended to the victims, the Limestone deputy coroner at the time of the crime and a forensic pathologist from the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences.

The morning session of testimony shed light on grim details of the five victims including the distance from which they are believed to be shot from.

Dr. Jonrika Malone, a forensic pathologist from the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences, was the main witness jurors heard from in this session. Both the prosecution and defense raised questions over the autopsies, the scene of the crime and John Sisk’s toxicology report.

Dr. Malone walked the jury through photos of each victim’s autopsy. She testified that each victim had been shot in the head with the youngest victim being shot in the head twice.

Later in the day, members of the jury were shown over an hour of body cam footage from deputies responding to the scene.

This body cam footage included police encountering Mason Sisk for the first time that night and their discovery of the five victims.

The footage showed a grim, yet raw reaction of the crime scene to the jury as they saw firsthand what the responding officers saw that night.

Court dismissed for the day just after 4:00 p.m. and is expected to resume on Thursday at 8:45 a.m.

The trial is ongoing and News 19’s Brian Lawson is in the courtroom; you can follow his live updates here on this blog as they happen.