FLORENCE, Ala. (WHNT) — An emergency situation led to a desperate plea from Florence-Lauderdale Animal Services (FLAS) on Thursday.
According to a social media post, the shelter has 40 dogs that need to be moved out of the shelter in the next 24 hours. FLAS did not specify exactly what the emergency was.
“We desperately need people to foster today!” the post read. “This is for temporary fostering.”
According to florenceal.org, to foster a pet you must do the following:
- Submit and have an approved foster application
- Be at least 19 years old
- Show photo identification
- Be able to provide a safe, loving home to an animal
- Be able to transport the foster animal to and from FLAS
- Provide proof that other animals in the home have been properly vaccinated
- Be able to satisfy all terms and conditions of the application
Anyone interested in fostering one of the dogs or any other pet at the shelter should call 256-760-6676. The shelter is open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday.