HUNTSVILLE, Ala. — Huntsville authorities are investigating seven separate fires that all happened on Saturday night.
Huntsville Police took a suspect into custody around 8 p.m. on Saturday, who is expected to face multiple arson charges.
Police listed the following locations where fires were intentionally set:
- Plato’s Closet located at 4851 Whitesburg Drive
- McDonald’s located at 1795 US Highway 72 East
- Aldi located at 2125 Winchester Road Northeast
- Dollar General located at 125 Winchester Road Northeast
- Kroger located at 6070 Moores Mill Road
- Walmart located at 6140 University Drive
- Dick’s Sporting Goods located at 2718 Carl T Jones Drive Southeast
Officials say while no one was injured in the fires, the businesses affected sustained varying levels of damage.
Plato’s Closet announced on its Facebook page it would be closed until further notice due to the damage.
The Madison County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a fire that occurred at a separate Dollar General at 1604 Winchester Road. The fire is unrelated to the fires above being investigated by the Madison County Sheriff’s Office.
However, Moores Mill Fire Department President Zachary Trulson says the separate fire is also suspicious.