Teen clothing store, rue21, is set to close 400 stores nationwide, including 14 Alabama locations according to our news partners at AL.com.
The retailer confirmed the news Saturday in a post on their Facebook page.
The following stores are set to close in Alabama:
- Alabaster – Colonial Promenade
- Athens – French Farms Pavilion
- Bessemer – Colonial Promenade Tannehill
- Birmingham – Promenade of Tutwiler Farms
- Cullman – Cullman Shopping Center
- Fultondale – Colonial Promenade Fultondale
- Huntsville – Valley Bend at Jones Farm
- Irondale – Eastwood Village
- Madison – Heritage Square
- Montgomery – Eastdale Mall
- Montgomery – Eastchase Plaza
- Prattville – Premiere Place Shopping Center
- Saraland – Saraland Gateway Centre
- Scottsboro – Scottsboro Marketplace
There isn’t a set time for when the stores will close. Rue21 has not announced if it will pursue bankruptcy protection in order to pay a debt load of nearly $1 billion.