Hooters of Huntsville
4729 University Dr. NW, Huntsville, AL 35816
- Food was at improper temperatures during cold holding.
- Raw chicken at 63°F, sliced cheddar cheese at 48°F, and cooked chicken at 48°F.
- There were broken fry baskets and torn spatulas.
- Employees were not properly washing hands.
- One employee was observed washing hands for 2 seconds.
- One employee was not washing hands when changing tasks and before donning gloves.
The temperature and hand washing violations were corrected. We were told to leave the premises and that they did not want to comment.
Newk’s Express Cafe
4851 Whitesburg Dr, Huntsville, AL 35802
- The hot water in the women’s restroom maxed out at 85°F; needs to be 100°F or greater.
- Build up present inside ice machine.
- Follow up: The ice machine is now clean.
The manager told us the ice machine was immediately cleaned.
They also replaced the regulator on the two sinks right away and have been in contact with the health department for another follow-up.
The manager says the store is very clean.
The ice machine violation was corrected on the report.
Clean Plate Winner
2130 Redstone Rd SW Suite J, Huntsville, AL 35803
Looking for some game-day classics?
Located on Redstone Rd. in Huntsville, the Touchdown Wings team is feeding hungry customers year-round not just during football season.
Get into some bacon cheese fries, crispy fried catfish and of course wings — bone in and boneless.
We tried out two great sauces out of their many options — cajun ranch and hot lemon pepper.
In business for seven years now, they have a solid lunch crowd.
Customers keep coming back for $0.59 wing Tuesdays and all week long lunch specials.
Their dining room is clean and ready to play ball.