ORANGE BEACH, Ala. (WKRG) – Orange Beach Police confirm a shark bit a 14-year-old in the Gulf of Mexico Friday afternoon.
It happened around 1 p.m. near the Phoenix 4 condominiums. Police say the 14-year-old was old near a sand bar when it happened.
Injuries appear to be minor and non life-threatening.
Note: A previous version of this story said the person bitten was 15 years old.
- Newsfeed Now: Pres. Biden’s first full day in office, first White House rescue dog could increase pet adoptions
- READ: Full transcript of Amanda Gorman’s inauguration poem ‘The Hill We Climb’
- ‘I’ll kill them all’: Florida deputy accused of threatening feds at US Capitol
- ‘She did not die from COVID’: Son says cause of mother’s death inaccurate
- US jobless claims decline to a still-high 900,000