Overnight fire destroys Gurley home, ‘total loss’ fire crews say

News

GURLEY, Ala. – Several fire crews responded to a house fire in Gurley early Tuesday morning.

Captain Nathan Aston with the Killingsworth Cove Volunteer Fire Department said multiple fire departments in the surrounding communities responded to the call of a fire at 1702 Killingsworth Cove Road around 12:44 a.m.

The house is considered a total loss.

One person was home when the fire started but was not injured. The home is considered a total loss after flames ravaged the structure.

According to Aston, the fire is believed to have started in the chimney before spreading to the rest of the home. He added that because of the way the house was constructed, it was difficult to put out the fire quickly.

Multiple fire crews responded to the fire around 12:44 a.m.

Aston also credits several departments for helping, including the Central Volunteer Fire Department, Gurley Volunteer Fire, Keel Mountain Fire, HEMSI, Huntsville Utilities, Gurley Police Department, and Madison County District 3.

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Latest News

More News