According to the City of Kannapolis, Sgt. Dot Cole is the oldest living Marine.
She joined the Marine Corps during World War II in 1943.
Sgt. Cole completed her training at Camp Lejeune and was then stationed at Quantico. City officials say she primarily served in an administrative role.
Last month, another North Carolina woman celebrated a monumental birthday. Hester Ford turned 116, making her the oldest living person in the United States.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Kosovo awards rule of law medal to Biden’s late son Beau
- A white supremacist versus the Man in Black: How a Birmingham church bomber tried to bring down Johnny Cash
- A pandemic Olympics, without all the crowds: What gets lost?
- SpongeBob and Patrick lookalikes spotted by marine scientist’s deep-sea camera
- Alabama utilities blame ‘flushable wipes’ for clogged pipes