This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ALBERTVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – A man has died of carbon monoxide poisoning at a home on Martling Road in Albertville.

“At this time everything is pointing to an accidental death,” Albertville Assistant Chief Jamie Smith says.

Albertville Police say Nick Honea was pressure washing inside the garage on Wednesday night.  “He was in an enclosed garage with a gas-powered pressure washer and we believe it is just going to be a pure accident,” Assistant Chief Smith says.

His body was found Thursday afternoon with the washer still in his hand. “Going to do a toxicology report but at this time we’re not going to do an autopsy,” Assistant Chief Smith says.

Honea is the son of Albertville Mayor Tracy Honea. “Our thoughts and prayers are with Mayor Honea and his family and certainly condolences in this trying time for them,” Assistant Chief Smith says.

Albertville Police say there are still several reports that have to be completed before the investigation can be completely closed.

Honea was 27 years old. He would have celebrated his 28th birthday Friday.

The news of Honea’s death spread through Albertville and the surrounding communities quickly.

Honea was a contestant on a cable reality show in 2013.

Close friends say he was a big part of the local community.

Friends remember him as a young man who lived life to the fullest and always marched to the beat of his own drum.

They described Nick as free-spirited and someone who was always willing to help others.

Friends who remember Honea say the news of his death is shocking and life without him in it will be difficult.

Honea’s visitation will be held Friday from 5:30 until 8:30 at the Fine Arts Center at Albertville High School.

Visitation will be held again Saturday at noon at the school and the funeral will be held at two o’clock following that.