GUNTERSVILLE, Ala. – Six people were taken to the hospital to be checked after an issue arose with the exhaust fans Thursday at Lake Guntersville State Park Lodge.
According to Fire Marshal Buddy Petry, at approximately 1 p.m. a problem developed with the exhaust fans on top of the gas boilers. This caused a gas buildup which leaked to the Lodge, Petry said.
About 100 people were evacuated. Six people were taken to Marshall Medical Center to be checked, but are expected to be okay.
Petry said Guntersville Fire & Rescue responded, along with multiple ambulance services from across Marshall County.
The fire department checked all the rooms and determined all but one are clear. They are letting it air out and it should be back to normal soon.
Petry said the lodge is back open and crews are repairing the exhaust fans.