This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

DEKALB COUNTY, Ala. – Five people are dead after a fire at a DeKalb County home.

Friday afternoon DeKalb County Coroner Tom Wilson identified four of those killed as Kayla Michelle Jackson, 26, and her children, Kaylon Blue Stotts, 4; Jaycee Jade Stotts, 3; and Harley June Stotts, 18 months.

Monday night, Tyler Pruett with the Dekalb County Sheriff’s Office told WHNT News 19 that the Alabama Department of Forensics confirmed the fifth victim as Cody Alexander Dove, 27, of Flat Rock. Pruett said Dove was the boyfriend of Kayla Jackson.

Wilson said the five died in a fire Thursday morning at a mobile home on Highway 75, near the Alabama-Georgia state line.

Officials said Cartersville, Henagar, and the Tri-Community Fire Departments responded to the mobile homes around the wooded area. DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office Deputies and the Ider Police Department also responded to the fire.

Authorities said the trailer was fully involved when firefighters arrived on the scene.

During the course of battling the fire, authorities said five bodies were found inside the home. The remains were taken to the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences in Huntsville for an autopsy that began Thursday, according to authorities.

Alabama Fire Marshals, the DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office, and the Jacksonville State University Center for Applied Forensics Sciences are investigating the fire.

No official explanation for the cause of the fire has been released, although investigators said it might be a crime scene.

WHNT News 19’s investigative team found there has been some recent court activity involving one of the victims of the deadly fire.

WHNT News 19 found Kayla Jackson got a protection from abuse order just two weeks ago and her request for that order contains a disturbing claim. She told the court back in September that her longtime boyfriend, who she had broken up with, grabbed her, spit on her, threatened to kill her and burn down her house.

Jackson told the court the man didn’t want to pay child support. The records show they had five children together, ranging in age from 9 to 1. The case, filed in September, was continued due to a scheduling conflict.

But on December 9, a DeKalb County judge did grant that protection order for Jackson.  The court found that she faced a credible threat and that the order was necessary to prevent abuse.  The court also set a hearing for next month to allow the man an opportunity to offer his side of the story.

At this point, there is no indication from investigators that any of the allegations are connected to the fire.  And to clarify, the man named in the order is not the other adult victim in the fire.

We also found that Kayla Jackson was arrested on September 4 for striking her children’s father with a bottle, the same day she said the abuse and fire threat occurred.

Her case was set to go to court in April.