BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The McWane Science Center is celebrating its re-opening and its 22nd birthday today.
A spokesperson for the center says there will not be any cake at this celebration but there will be lots of “hands-on, minds-on” activities including the Bed of Nails, Adventure Halls, and more. The center has also implemented new safety protocols upon opening:
- Everyone age 8 and over must wear a mask
- Masks recommended for children ages 3-7
- Social Distancing
- Hand sanitizers and antibacterial wipes stations are placed throughout exhibit halls
- Special disinfecting and cleaning measures are being taken
The hours of operations are as followed:
- Closed Monday and Tuesday
- 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. Wednesday-Friday
- 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturdays
- Noon-5 p.m. on Sundays.
For more information, visit McWane.org.
- Investigators: Scammers acting as bail Bonds employees targeting inmates’ family members
- ‘Immunity bubbles’? What you shouldn’t do after getting the COVID vaccine
- ‘Farewell for now’: Olympia beer pausing production after 125 years
- ‘Energy capital of the nation’ reacts to new climate orders; mayor says she’s ‘ready to talk’ to Biden
- New Huntsville coffee shop provides inclusive employment opportunities