This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LAUDERDALE COUNTY, Ala. (WHNT) — After almost two weeks on the run, authorities announced the manhunt for Casey White and Vicky White ended in a police chase in Indiana.

Lauderdale County Sheriff Rick Singleton said the chase resulted in a wreck and he didn’t know why they were in Indiana. Singleton said Casey White surrendered to police, and Indiana authorities confirmed Vicky White was taken to the hospital with a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

This is a press conference that was given by Lauderdale County Sheriff Rick Singleton at 5 p.m. on Monday, May 9.

Vanderburgh County Coroner Steven W. Lockyear said Vicky White died at 7 p.m. at Evansville Deaconess Midtown Hospital on Monday night.

On Tuesday, Lockyear confirmed to News 19 news partner NewsNation that Vicky White’s death has been ruled as a suicide caused by a single self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. The autopsy was performed on Tuesday around 5 p.m.

On Wednesday, NewsNation’s Brian Entin was told Vicky’s body had been returned to Alabama. A funeral service for Vicky White will be held on Saturday.

In an interview with NewsNation, Singleton said, “This is one scenario I anticipated might happen, knowing the Vicky that we knew, I think as much as the charges that she was facing coming back, I think what disturbed her more was that fact of coming back to face her family and friends.”

“I think that was just as devastating as the charges,” Singleton continued.

Vanderburgh County Sheriff Dave Wedding said the car they were caught in was a Cadillac, and the chase didn’t last long.

Photo of the crash from Vanderburgh County Sheriff’s Office/WXIN

“We gained information that a vehicle matching the description of a suspect vehicle was near our sheriff’s office, so the U.S. Marshals Task Force and deputy sheriffs went to the area,” Wedding stated.

Wedding said Casey White and Vicky White fled in the vehicle on Highway 41 N, past Highway 57, and turned into a grassy area.

“The Marshals Task Force officers intercepted them, actually collided with them to end the pursuit,” Wedding continued. “When this occurred, [Vicky White] shot herself and [Casey White] was injured, not too seriously.”

“They’ve both been taken to local hospitals to be examined for their injuries,” Wedding said. “Her injuries are very serious. I don’t know the true extent, but I want to commend the Marshals Task Force for being here and working diligently with the Vanderburgh County Sheriff’s Office to put two bad people and get them off the street.”

The full press conference with Wedding can be viewed in the video player below:

U.S. Marshals reported they were investigating a tip saying the pair had abandoned a 2006 Ford F-150 in Evansville, Ind. at a car wash on South Weinbach Avenue.

A subsequent press conference with Indiana authorities Tuesday morning revealed that had authorities not rammed the Cadillac Casey and Vicky were in, Casey would’ve had a shootout with police. No charges were filed in Indiana and Casey waived his extradition hearing. The Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Office said a transport team will be dispatched to Evansville and will be bringing Casey back to Lauderdale County.

He’ll be at the County Courthouse for a brief arraignment hearing and will then be turned over to the Alabama Department of Corrections.

The nationwide manhunt for Casey White and Vicky White began on Friday, April 29.

Law enforcement officials were looking for inmate 38-year-old Casey White and former Assistant Director of Corrections, 56-year-old Vicky White who were reported missing on April 29 after leaving the Lauderdale County Detention Center. Despite sharing a last name, the two are not related.

An emergency status conference is set for Casey White on Tuesday, May 10 at 12 p.m. on the third floor of the Lauderdale County Courthouse. Judge Benjamin Graves approved the hearing around 5 p.m. Monday evening.