BESSEMER, Ala. (WIAT) — The Bessemer Police Department has arrested a man accused of multiple sex crimes against juveniles after two runaway girls were found back on May 13.
Joseph Junior Clemons, 25, has been charged with first-degree rape, second-degree rape, first-degree sodomy, first-degree sexual abuse, two counts of facilitating the travel of a child for unlawful sex acts, two counts of enticing a child for immoral purposes and electronic solicitation of a child.
Clemons was named a suspect following an investigation by Bessemer PD after one of the juveniles was found by an officer during a traffic stop. After questioning the child, who was found to be a runaway, she led authorities to a home in the 300 block of 31st Street South where they located another runaway juvenile.
Clemons is now being held at the Jefferson County Jail on a $225,000 bond.
- The Tropics Refuse To Give Up! Could We Have Tropical Storm Zeta Soon?
- Crews remove Confederate statue outside Madison County courthouse
- Homeowner outraged after road crews litter her lawn with asphalt
- ADOL: “We have not run out of money”
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown