NEW HOPE, Ala. – Madison County Commission District 3 will be hosting a second waste collection and flu shot day in New Hope Friday.
From 9 a.m.-1 p.m., the public is invited to bring their hazardous waste to the District 3 shed, located at 149 Walnut Street.
The drive-thru service is being done in partnership with the Solid Waste Disposal Authority of the City of Huntsville to reduce toxic waste in sewage treatment plants, storm drains, and lessen the risk of injury from improper storage of hazardous waste.
Those bringing their waste will be asked to remain in their cars; workers will take items from cars.
Wastes being collected include:
- Auto Waste: Transmission fluid, brake fluid, anti-freeze, car batteries, used motor oil
- Household Chemicals: Acids, pool chemicals, photographic chemicals, solvents, household batteries, mercury thermometers, thermostats, fluorescent lights – both CFL’s and linear
- Household Cleaners: Oven cleaner, toilet cleaner, disinfectants, drain cleaner, rug and upholstery cleaners, floor and furniture polishes, ammonia or bleach-based products
- Lawn and Garden Poisons: Weed killers, liquids, powders, sprays soaps, herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, rodent poisons, and roach/flea powder
- Old Electronics: Old TVs, computers, and computer monitors
- Paint and Paint Related Products: Oil or water based paints, mineral spirits, Turpentine and thinners, furniture strippers, paint removers, stains and aerosols
The Madison County Health Department will also be providing flu shots to Madison County residents.
Masks are required for the flu clinic, and those getting a shot are also asked to bring their insurance cards.
Shots will be given from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Chick-Fil-A will also have a food truck on-site. They will start serving food at 11 a.m.
For more information, call the Madison County District 3 Office at (256) 723-4247.