LAWRENCE COUNTY, Ala. (WHNT) – County officials scheduled a series of community meetings around the county to discuss the proposed school funding referendum set for April 28.
School administrators say most of the meetings are planned in conjunction with school activities. The public is welcome to attend.
Superintendent Heath Grimes will be available to answer questions after presentations at each of the meetings.
Here is the community meeting schedule, all of the meetings will begin at 6 p.m.
- Thursday, March 19 Mount Hope
- Monday, March 23 Lawrence County High School auditorium.
- Tuesday, March 24 Speake
- Thursday, March 26 East Lawrence
- Tuesday, April 7 Courtland/ R.A. Hubbard
- Monday, April 13 Hatton
- Tuesday, April 14 Moulton
- Friday, April 17 Town Creek/ Hazelwood