BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Despite his presidential campaign, rapper Kanye West will not be on the general election ballot in Alabama Nov. 3.
According to Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill, the deadline to qualify for the Nov. 3 ballot was back in August. West’s team did not meet the deadline to file the appropriate papers.
In recent days, West has been kicked off the ballot in several states, including Arizona, Virginia, Wisconsin, Ohio, and Illinois.
According to The Hill, West has met the requirements to get his name on the ballot in Arkansas, Colorado, Oklahoma, Utah and Vermont. In addition, West has pending applications in Iowa, Missouri, Minnesota and Tennessee.
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- Huntsville police searching for missing man
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night
- ‘Would you shut up, man?’: Trump, Biden interrupt each other during chaotic debate