HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – Redstone Arsenal Officials announced Thursday that some employees will be returning to work on the Arsenal on Tuesday, May 26th as part of the phased opening.
This announcement came during the Team Redstone weekly Townhall. The Arsenal says the process will be slow as they continue to monitor the ongoing pandemic.
Redstone Arsenal leadership is focused on three priorities: safeguard the health, safety and security of the workforce; combat and prevent the spread of COVID-19and carry on the critical missions of each of their organizations.
- OPEN: Gates 1 (Martin Rd E), 7 (Martin Rd W), 8 (Goss Rd), and 9 (Rideout Rd) will have all lanes manned during peak morning rush hour traffic
- CLOSED: Gates 3 (Redstone Rd) and 10 (Patton Rd) remain closed
- One Stop: Open with limited occupancy, and some services by appointment only
- Pershing Welcome Center: Open, most services by appointment only
- Child Care Centers: Open to returning employees who are present patrons
- Bicentennial Chapel: Open for individual worship only
- Fox Army Health Center: Most services are open, entry screenings still occur, cloth face coverings required to enter the facility, refer to Fox website and social media for details
- Morale, Welfare and Recreation: Golf Course, Flying Club, Auto Skills, Arts and Crafts, Limited Outdoor Recreation activities open
- Post Restaurants: Open for Carry-out only (JAVA Café, Brooklyn’s and Firehouse Pub remain closed)
- Post Exchange/ Gas Stations: Open, masks required to enter
- Commissary: Open, Retiree hours and purchase limits remain in effect, mask required to enter
According to Arsenal leaders, the reconstitution of services and return of employees to the Arsenal will be slow and deliberate.
Employees are strongly encouraged to follow CDC guidelines:
- Stay home when ill
- Wear a cloth face-covering in public places
- Maintain six feet of physical separation
- Practice good hygiene.
Employees should stay in close contact with their direct chain of command for their return-to-work timeline.