MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WHNT) – Twenty-six Sparkman High School and 13 Arab High School students placed in the top three at the state Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) Competition in Montgomery this past weekend.
They competed against more than 1,200 other HOSA participants from across the state.
By placing in the top three, the following students qualify to go to the National HOSA Competition in Orlando this summer
Congratulations to all the students who placed in the top three!
Arab High School:
- HOSA Bowl team – Macy Morgan, Payton Tanner, Camryn Durham, Erika England – 1st place
- Extemporaneous Writing – Olivia Lindsey – 1st place
- HOSA State Pin Design – Maddie Rushing – 1st place
- Health Education – Brittany Cagle, Shelby Brakefield, Alex Atkins – 2nd place
- Nursing Assisting – Rachel Meadows – 2nd place
- Dental Terminology – Maddie Rushing – 2nd place
- Epidemiology – Ryan Barnett – 3rd place
- Medical Reading – Alicia Traylor – 3rd place
Sparkman High School:
- Mary Kopp, Medical Terminology, 1st place.
- Shreya Pokhrel, Medical Reading, 1st place.
- Lindsay James, Human Growth and Development, 1st place.
- Racquel McCrary, Law and Ethics 1st place.
- Kelly Futrell, Nutrition, 1st place.
- Sirena Rabb, Pharmacology, 3rd place.
- Andrea Shull, Pathophysiology, 1st place.
- Brandy Collum, Dental Science, 1st place.
- Damon Wheeler, Sports Medicine, 2nd place.
- Julia Maier, Veterinary Science, 2nd place.
- Tyler Eberle and Hang Vu, Community Emergency Response Team, 2nd place.
- James Leslie and Adam Haverkamp, CPR/First Aid Team, 1st place.
- Beryl Kessio, Extemporaneous Health Poster, 1st place.
- Desalyn Johnson, Prepared Speaking, 2nd place.
- Angel Bodrick, David Tweedy-Smith and Faith Raheem, Biomedical Debate, 1st place.
- Brad Bayuga, Chase Ballard, Drew Jennings and Matthew Wilson, Creative Problem Solving Team, 2nd place.
- Mike Branson and Will Tubbs, Forensic Medicine Team, 3rd place.
- Hannah Curns, Health Care Issues Exam, 1st place.