Smoke from fire at Huntsville homeless camp seen for miles

Huntsville

(Photo: Irene Cardenas Martinez

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. – Smoke from a fire at a homeless camp near downtown Huntsville could be seen for miles Wednesday evening.

Huntsville Fire and Rescue confirmed that a camping stove caused a tent fire in an area under I-565 near Derrick Street.

No one was injured and crews quickly put out the fire.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Latest News

More News