HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) — There will be plenty of opportunities to celebrate Pride Month in Huntsville thanks to a slew of events announced by Rocket City Pride.
The organization announced a month’s worth of events to celebrate LGBTQ+ Pride Month in June.
Those events include:
- Pride Month Happy Hour: June 2 from 3 p.m. to June 3 at 7 p.m.
- Where? 127 Holmes Avenue NW Suite 202, Huntsville, Ala. 35801
- On the first Thursday of each month, Stella’s Elixir Lounge holds a rooftop happy hour, however, the June happy hour will include Pride Month signature cocktails. This event is 21 and up.
- Throwback Karaoke with Ro Jay: June 6 at 7 p.m.
- Where? 2610 Clinton Avenue W, Huntsville, Ala. 35805
- RoJay will host a karaoke night with throwback jams at the Speakeasy in Straight to Ale for this Brews and Benefits Night. All ages are welcome to participate.
- Pride Family Night: June 7 at 7 p.m.
- Where? 930 Old Monrovia Road NW, Huntsville, Ala. 35806
- The whole family is invited to this community favorite at Stars and Strikes! All proceeds will benefit Rocket City Pride and it’s open to all ages.
- Pride Night Takeover: June 9 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Where? 201 Jefferson Street N Suite 1, Huntsville, Ala. 35801
- MELT Downtown will turn into a Pride dinner on Thursday, June 9 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.!
- How to Be an Ally: June 16 at 7 p.m.
- Where? 200 Oakwood Avenue NE Suite A, Huntsville, Ala. 35811
- Learn more about how to support the local LGBTQ+ community at this event!
- Love is Love Paint Party: June 17 at 7 p.m.
- Where? 6200 Mastin Lake Road NE Suite C, Huntsville, Ala. 35810
- Pride Night at Hammerheads Daiquiri Bar: June 18 at 7 p.m.
- Where? 1426 Paramount Drive, Huntsville, Ala. 35806
- Huntsville’s newest daiquiri bar, Hammerheads, will celebrate Pride with a variety of flavors and food that you won’t want to miss. This event is 21 and up.
- Pride Month After Party: June 25 at 10 p.m.
- Where? 415 Church Street NW Suite 13, Huntsville, Ala. 35801
- Sidetracks Music Hall will host a Pride dance party on June 25! DJ Lisha will provide the music, and everyone is invited to show up in their Pride gear for one final night of un! This event is 21 and up.
Pride Month is traditionally celebrated in the month of June. Typically, the month-long celebration includes all kinds events from parades and marches, to rallies, dance parties, and music festivals. The month was first recognized to commemorate the Stonewall Riots of June 1969 in New York.
To learn more about Rocket City Pride, click here.