HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) - Big Spring Park in downtown Huntsville was booming with activities, and heat.
After the Color Run, The Mercury Rising Chili Festival took over.
It was a chance for you to perfect your own recipe while trying some of the best chili in the Rocket City.
Teams competed in various categories, and WHNT News 19's Lee Marshall with Kids To Love was in on the action.
This event is a fundraiser for Leadership Huntsville/Madison County, a non-profit that educated and engages leaders to improve our community.
This year marked the fourth year they've done a chili cookoff.
Show Overall Winners (CASI) -
- 1st - Chili La Mono, Patriot Cigars
- 2nd - Red Hot Chili Prepper, Mark Bray for Congress
- 3rd - The Patriots, Dat Da One (Brian House)
Open Category Winners (not CASI) -
- 1st - Lawyers & Realtors Unite
- 2nd- Pete Combs Chili R Us
- 3rd- Air Supply (Huntsville Airport)
- Taste Bud Studs
Leadership Huntsville has programs that have contributed to things like the Huntsville Dog Park and The Manna House.
Events like the chili cook-off will help continue to fund those projects.