HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - Mazda Toyota Manufacturing in Huntsville opened its job application portal on Monday.
The auto manufacturer plans to hire 3,000 production team members at this time. Eventually, the company will employ 4,000 people. Monday marked phase one of that hiring process for the 3.7 million square foot facility.
Getting started is easy, you can apply online here.
"For the last year and a half, Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has been hiring primarily administrative staff, so those support professionals who are working in accounting and finance production control our corporate communications, HR staffing, and development. We have hired our general management teams for the different parts of the assembly lines," said Mazda Toyota Communication Specialist Toni Eberhart.
Pay for production team members starts at $17 an hour.
- Production Team Members represent the largest percentage of the Mazda Toyota Manufacturing team
and are a vital component to our success.
- Production Team Members are full-time, hourly, non-exempt employees; Starting pay is $17.00 per
- Production Team Members perform repetitive manufacturing duties supporting Mazda Toyota
Manufacturing’s Assembly, Welding, Paint, Stamping, Quality Control, and Conveyance production
You will be required to perform physically demanding manufacturing duties that include:
- Repetitive motion
- Moderate lifting
- Use of machinery
- Prolonged standing
- Work with small components for installation on vehicles
- Contribute to a diverse team, working toward a common goal
- Adjust to changing needs in a fast-paced environment
- Problem solve and continuously improve safety, quality, and productivity
- Perform equipment troubleshooting and preventative maintenance activities
Requirements and skills
- 18+ years of age at the time of application
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Able to perform essential job functions of varying manufacturing positions
- Willing to work daily and weekly overtime
- Able to work rotating shifts
- Rotating shifts are defined as working a day shift, then an evening/night shift set on a rotating schedule
Find more information about the open positions here.