HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) — A child was burned by hot food and was taken to the hospital with ‘serious injuries’ on Tuesday.
According to a spokesperson with the Huntsville Police Department (HPD), officers responded to the scene in the 3600 block of Ayers Drive to the report of a child burned by hot water.
HEMSI emergency crews took the child to the hospital with “serious injuries.”
On Wednesday, Huntsville Police told News 19 that the child was expected to be okay.
Investigators determined the incident to be an accident from the child knocking over microwaved food. No charges are expected.
📲Download the WHNT News 19 App to stay updated on the go.
📧Sign up for WHNT News 19 newsletters to have news sent to your inbox.
🏆Find today’s top stories on WHNT.com for North Alabama and southern Middle Tennessee.