House fire on Jordan Road results in ‘total loss’

Huntsville
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MADISON COUNTY, Ala. – Crews on the scene of a house fire on Jordan Road report that the home is a total loss Wednesday evening.

A fire in the fireplace of the home spread to the chimney, according to crews on the scene. Neighbors saw the flames and dialed 911.

Strong winds made the flames spread quickly to the attic.

Adding difficulty to the job of putting out the flames, spray from the fire fighters’ hose froze on the ground.