HUNTSVILLE, Ala. – Church vans and the Huntsville city shuttles will provide free transportation to the warming center at Grateful Life as temperatures plummet to below freezing.
The warming center at Grateful Life is currently scheduled to be open from 2:00 p.m. on Wed. Jan 7 until 2:00 p.m. on Friday Jan. 9.
The city of Huntsville will also offer free shuttle ride to The Salvation Army, the Breaking Free Mission and the Downtown Rescue Mission during normal business hours while the emergency warming shelter is open.
Church vans will be providing transportation to the warming center from 6:30 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. on each of these nights. There will be various pick up points throughout the city during these hours.
Pick up locations are:
- City of Huntsville Bus Stops located on Governor Dr., University Dr. and North Parkway.
- The Salvation Army Lodge on Seminole
- The Downtown Rescue Mission on Evangel Circle
- The Breaking Free Mission on Triana
- The Rose of Sharon on North Memorial Pkwy
- Manna House on Governors Drive
- Huntsville- Main Public Library
- The First Stop- Stokes Ave
- Butler High School Parking Lot
People who usually go to a shelter will be taken to the shelter he or she usually stays in. The warming center at Grateful Life is intended to be used by people who are banned from the shelters, when the shelter is at full capacity, or for people who currently reside in tents or on the street .