HUNTSVILLE, Ala. – The Huntsville Police Department D.U.I. Task Force will be conducting Traffic Safety Checkpoints through this weekend.
If you are stopped at a Traffic Safety Checkpoint, police say to be prepared to present your driver license, proof of insurance and vehicle tag registration to the officers.
Right now there are 57 designated hotspots throughout Huntsville and they will be conducting checkpoints at one or more of those locations.
If you see or suspect someone is drinking and driving please contact the Huntsville Police Department at (256)722-7100. When you call be prepared to give the location, vehicle description, driver description, and direction of travel for the suspected vehicle.
Here are some of the Hot Spot Locations:
- Jordan Lane/Sparkman Dr.
- Mastin Lake Rd./Lodge Rd.
- Mastin Lake Rd./Pulaski Pike
- Meridian St./Delaware Blvd.
- Moores Mill Rd./Stanwood Blvd
- Bankhead Pkwy/Douglas Ln.
- Cecil Ashburn/Old Big Cove Rd.
- Church St./Pratt Ave.
- Clinton Ave./Monroe St.
- Sparkman Dr./Executive Dr.
- University Dr./Old Monrovia Rd.
- University Dr./Research Park Blvd.
- University Dr./Slaughter Rd.