HAZEL GREEN, Ala. (WHNT) — A Hazel Green family lost their home to a fire this morning.
Just before 6:00 this morning the homeowner said she got up and heard a noise coming from a bathroom light. She looked up and saw fire above it. She was able to get her husband and kids up and out of the house just in time, before it was engulfed in flames.
Volunteer firefighters from Hazel Green, Bobo, and Meridianville responded. The home was too far gone to save, so all firefighters could do was keep it from spreading. It took them about two hours to put the fire out.
West Limestone Road was blocked off just west of Hwy 231/431 while crews battled the fire. There were no injuries and the American Red Cross is assisting the family of two adults and two kids.
Madison County Fire Marshall’s Office is investigating.