Homeowner credits dogs for saving his life following house fire

News

A fire burns at a house near the intersection of Cedar Hill Road and Mims Street in Ardmore. (Photo by: Jeff Gray/WHNT News 19)

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

ARDMORE, Ala. (WHNT) - A homeowner says his dogs saved his life after his home caught fire.

Now he fears those dogs did not make it out of that fire alive.

Crews responded around 2:30 a.m. to the home near the intersection of Cedar Hill Road and Mims Street.

Firefighters arrived to find the home engulfed in flames.

The homeowner says he woke up to his dogs barking then looked downstairs and saw his home on fire.

He jumped out of a first-floor window to escape.

Crews treated him for minor injuries.

Firefighters worked quickly to put out the fire.

However, we're told a hydrant was inadvertently damaged as crews attempted to hook up a truck.

The home is considered a loss.

Firefighters left the area around 5:00 a.m. to let the fire smolder out.

[protected-iframe id="11630c44b8a5679afa09a4f58f310fba-29519529-31419034" info="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m14!1m8!1m3!1d3269.1774450568078!2d-86.8328571!3d34.9772198!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x886259ed69aaab23%3A0xa52c98daaee7b03b!2sCedar+Hill+Rd+%26+Mims+St%2C+AL+35739!5e0!3m2!1sen!2sus!4v1406630469417" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0"]

Trending Stories

Latest News

More News