LifeSouth says it is experiencing a blood supply shortage during the summer heat. The organization is in need of all blood types, primarily all O blood types and platelets.
If you’re able, consider donating. Here are a list of LifeSouth Community Blood Centers:
- Huntsville Hospital: Monday – Thursday 7:00 am-5:30 pm, Friday 7:00 am-5:00 pm, Saturday 9:00 am-3:00 pm and Sunday 1:00 pm-5:00pm
- 8190 Madison Blvd. Madison, AL: Monday – Friday 9:00 am–5:00 pm
- Decatur Donor Center – 2349 Danville Road, SW, Suite 120: Monday – Friday 9:00 am–5:00 pm, Saturday 9:00 am-3:00 pm and Sunday 8:00 am–12:00pm
- 8626 U.S. Highway 431, Albertville, AL: Monday, Wednesday & Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Tuesday & Thursday 9:00 am–7:00 pm
- 1208 South Jackson Highway, Sheffield, AL: Monday-Friday 9:00 am–5:00 pm
- ECM Donor Center- 205 Marengo Street, Florence, AL: Monday – Friday 9:00 am–5:00 pm, Saturday 9:00 am-3:00 pm and Sunday 1:00 pm–5:00pm
All local listings for bloodmobile drives can be located on the LifeSouth website: http://www.lifesouth.org.