ST. JOHN PARISH, La. (WGNO) — The St. John’s Sheriff’s Office is searching for the driver and passenger of a pickup truck after detectives say the two ran away from a crash scene the vehicle was struck by a train on Monday.
Deputies say 43-year-old Kendall Thompson of Luling is accused of fleeing the scene of the crash, which happened around 2 a.m. Monday along the railroad tracks of Cardinal Drive and Milton Street.
Sheriff Mike Tregre says Thompson is believed to have been injured in the crash, saying a trail of blood led responding investigators to a wooded area away from the scene.
Photos of the crash scene show what appears to be a light-colored, extended-cab Chevy pick-up truck with heavy damage to its front end.
Photos: Truck struck by train in St. John the Baptist Parish
Detectives continue to investigate the crash. Anyone with any information that could lead deputies to the people involved is urged to call the SJSO at (985) 652-9513.
- Pryor Airport to host first ever North Alabama AirFest this weekend
- ‘Free coffee for a year’: Dunkin’ Donuts new location to offer free drinks at grand opening
- LOOK: Madison couple celebrates 80 years of marriage
- Athens Police investigating, road closed after fatal hit and run
- Huntsville man arrested on sex crime charges in Morgan County