FALKVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) — New charges have been filed against a Falkville man after a second person died from their injuries following Sunday’s shooting incident on Goodwin Road.

That person was identified as Marcus Ken Reed, 36, of Falkville, according to Morgan County Coroner Jeff Chunn. Reed was the stepson of the first victim.

Investigators filed the additional charges against Joshua Knighten, according to the Morgan County Sheriff’s Office (MCSO) social media post. Knighten now faces one count of attempted murder and two counts of capital murder.

Knighten (Morgan Co. Sheriff’s Office)

Knighten was arrested on Sunday after deputies with the MCSO responded to the shooting call around 6 p.m. on Feb. 5th.

When deputies arrived, MCSO said they found one person dead and another suffering from a gunshot wound.

A third victim, also with a gunshot wound, had reportedly left the scene before deputies arrived, but later showed up at the Falkville Town Hall/Police Department. That victim is reportedly in stable condition and has been released from the hospital.

35-year-old Knighten was arrested and charged with capital murder. New details in the investigation were revealed in court records filed Monday.

Morgan County Investigator Caleb Brooks said in an affidavit that Knighten told a dispatcher, “I told them if I left out of that door and nobody told me who had been stealing from my uncle, that they was ready to die.”

Knighten, in a court document, stated that he was living on Goodwin Road with his uncle.

Knighten was allegedly behind the trigger when and shot and killed Mitchell Ray Beard, 62 of Falkville while he was in a vehicle on the property on Godwin Road.

Court records show that deputies arrived on the scene to see one man standing in the yard, one male inside a vehicle, and one ‘sprawled out on the ground’. Records say another gunshot victim was also located at a house on the property.

The affidavit says the man laying on the ground told a deputy on the scene that, “he did not mean to,” and “one of his firearms was inside the residence behind me.”

Deputies reportedly detained both men who were found outside of the vehicle. Records say that deputies realized that the man in the vehicle, who was later identified as Beard, had multiple gunshot wounds.

Dispatch then advised officers a third victim had arrived at the Falkville Police Department, and both victims were transported to the hospital for treatment, according to the court documents.

Investigators on the scene identified the shooter as Knighten.

In the affidavit, dispatch later advised MCSO that Knighten was the one who had called 911 and that he stated, “they are going to lock me up for the rest of my life.”

Court records also show that when a deputy was driving Knighten to the Sheriff’s Office, he asked “how many lives did I end tonight?”.

Knighten is currently being held in the Morgan County Jail.