MORGAN COUNTY, Ala. (WHNT) — Five people from California were arrested and over 100 pounds of marijuana was seized early Thursday morning in Morgan County, authorities say.
In total, 165 pounds of marijuana was recovered during what law enforcement called an “operation” on November 3, with a street value estimated to be around $1.5 million.
According to the Huntsville Police Department (HPD), the North Alabama Drug Task Force (NADTF) and Strategic Counterdrug Team (STAC), which is a collaborative effort that operates between several jurisdictions made the arrest in Decatur.
- Christina Camacho Gomez, 27, of Tipton, CA
- Rene Rinconi Varona, 31, of Adelanto, CA
- Alfredo Rinconi Reyes, 33, of Sacramento, CA
- Adrian Farias, 19, of California
- Balfre Rinconi Gonzalez, 43, of California
All five suspects were charged with drug trafficking and were booked into the Morgan County Jail, each with a bond of $1,000,000.
HPD says the investigation is ongoing and more updates may become available later.