MORGAN COUNTY, Ala. – Firefighters were called to a home on Thomas Road in Cotaco around 5:00 Wednesday morning. They arrived to find a 2-story home engulfed in flames.
The fire spread to a nearby propane tank that exploded.
Firefighters tell us strong winds and the lack of a nearby fire hydrant made things difficult for them this morning. Crews had to truck in water from about a mile away.
The home has burned to the ground; only two chimneys remain standing.
WHNT News 19’s Jeff Gray has been told the house has been vacant for some time.