MORGAN COUNTY, Ala. – COVID-19 cases in Morgan County increased over 80 percent during the past two weeks, county officials announced Thursday. On May 21, Morgan County had 132 cases. As of today, confirmed cases in the county are at 302, according to a news release.
Officials urged residents to continue to follow the following safety guidelines during the pandemic:
- Continue wearing facial coverings in public settings
- Maintain a distance of six feet in all social gatherings
- Sanitize your hands often
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Avoid congregating for extended periods in large crowds that aren’t socially distanced – exercise extreme caution in groups larger than 10
- Disinfect frequently used surfaces and items
Officials also stressed the belief COVID-19 spread is not an issue in hot weather is not supported by any evidence.