UPDATE SUNDAY AT 5:22 PM: Redstone Arsenal has increased its Health Protection Condition to Bravo.
In addition to the changes released on Saturday, Redstone Arsenal is adding precautionary measures.
Redstone said members of the workforce and beneficiaries should now expect the following changes:
- Food service facilities are open for Take-out only, dining spaces are closed
- Pagano Gym and Col. Scott Fitness Center are closed
- Flying Club activities are suspended
- The Links at Redstone Arsenal is closed
- The Firehouse Pub is closed
- The MWR Information, Tickets and Reservations Office (ITR) is closed
- Applications for Visitor Badges are suspended, unless approved by exception by the Garrison Commander
Redstone also said the Redstone Arsenal Garrison is maintaining installation operation capability and working with tenant leaders to address their needs.
REDSTONE ARSENAL, Ala. – After news of a COVID-19 case in north Alabama, Redstone Arsenal is enacting some changes to public gathering and dining areas.
Those accessing the Arsenal can expect the following changes:
- Guards will no longer physically handle Common Access Cards as commuters enter Redstone
- Recreational Badge access and applications have been suspended
- The Redstone Tax Center remains open to active duty personnel only
- Religious services at the Bicentennial Chapel have been canceled until further notice
- Several MWR activities are closed until further notice – bingo, the art and crafts shop, the auto shop, outdoor recreation, the library, the Pagano gym, and the Aquatic Center
- Bowling Center activities are suspended; Strike Zone food service operations will continue as carry-out only
- Redstone Arsenal-hosted community events through the middle of April have been canceled
- Functions at the Summit, Overlook and Cliffs have been canceled
- The Food truck corral (MSFC) has been suspended
- Drug testing operations have been suspended
- Facility cafeterias will continue normal operations; stand-alone eateries will transition to carry-out only.
- Redstone Thrift Shop is closed until further notice
Arsenal officials recommend that employees dining in cafeterias observe personal social distancing when ordering and dining in.