CARBON HILL, Ala. (WIAT) — The mayor of Carbon Hill, Ala. Mark Chambers has turned in a letter of resignation Saturday.
Saturday Chambers made a Facebook post stating he no longer will support Alabama football and Saban. This does not come long after Alabama football made a social media post in support of the Black Lives Matter movement.
Carbon Hill city officials say he turned in his letter of resignation. Greg Andrews is Mayor Pro Tem. He will assume the seat, however, if he does not wish to assume the mayoral role, the city council can appoint anyone to the seat.
There is a special called meeting Wednesday, July 1.
- Charges revealed for two accused of stealing guns from patrol unit
- LifeSouth lists measures to protect employees and donors from COVID-19
- Lawmakers react to state’s record-breaking COVID-19 numbers
- One-on-one with presidential hopeful Joe Biden
- US government set to execute first federal inmates in 15 years